
Progress Report Dated 17th February 2010
The Village Hall Refurbishment Project has started. Contractor Indigo 360 started yesterday. I am Mike the Project Manager. I will be giving regular updates and photos here to keep you informed on progress the first update follows.
The Village Hall Refurbishment Project has started. Contractor Indigo 360 started yesterday. I am Mike the Project Manager. I will be giving regular updates and photos here to keep you informed on progress the first update follows.
Progress
Indigo have completed site establishment and stripped most of the external areas. They have about half of the floor up and the stage has been stripped out. They have carried out a reduced level dig of the Phase 5 area which will be used to dispose of excavated materials, this is a win win as we don’t pay for cart away and we get Ph 5 prepared also.
The project is compliant with the CDM Regulations. The Welfare facilities comply and the contractor has a comprehensive construction phase health and safety plan on site.
The stage had two main parts, a specialist modular frame and infill joists and decking. The in filled areas are full of woodworm and need to be disposed of. This will mean new materials have to be purchased when the stage is rebuilt.
The hall floor will not lift without damage and therefore we will have to purchase a new floor.
There is now a large pile of timber on site for those with wood burning stoves.
The new floor will look fantastic.
1 comment:
Hi Mike, very interesting progress there!
I'd like if possible to email you, but there was no address left here, so if you could drop me a line, very much appreciated:
nonseko@googlemail.com
Post a Comment